What I Use
I'm hoping to keep this as up to date as possible. If you have suggestions, contact me on Twitter!
- Visual Studio Code - Is there another editor anymore? 😀 Seriously though, there isn't anything better out there. At this point, I'm still using the built in Dark Theme and default font.
- Visual Studio 2019 (for Windows) - At this point, the only reason I use it is for my work in our ChMS, since it runs on a classic Microsoft stack. There isn't anything wrong with it, per se.
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac - I still prefer using this for Xamarin work. The recent updates to the XAML editor have made it a much nicer experience.
- Apollo - A Reddit Client that is far better than the first party one.
- Chrome - It's Chrome. You have to know what this is already.
- Dashlane - Excellent password manager. Use it for personal and work and everything stays separated.
- Kindle - Still the best way to carry hundreds of 1000-page computer books with you at all times.
- Pocket - Easy way to store links for later consumption.
- Tweetbot - Another third party app that blows away a platform's first pary app. This time for Twitter.
Podcasts I Listen To
- Breach - A well done seasonal report on famous data breaches.
- Chats With Kent - Insightful developer interviews.
- Coding Blocks - Three developers go in depth on Computer Science topics.
- Command Line Heroes - Good history lessons about things in tech.
- Darknet Diaries - Cool hacker stories.
- ROCK Cast - Podcast dedicated to Rock RMS.
- Serial - A great podcast about the legal system in the US.
- Syntax - Two developers talk web development.
- The .NET Core Podcast - Interviews of developers from within the .NET Core ecosystem.
- The 6 Figure Developer - Developer Interviews about anything development related.
- The Cynical Developer - Interviews about latest trends/tech in the developer world.
- Weekly Dev Tips - Short and sweet developer tips...but not weekly.
- Laptop: 2016 15" MacBook Pro - I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love this machine!
- Phone: iPhone X - Still love it, but I'm ready for the 2019 models!
- Tablet: 9.7" iPad Pro w/ Pencil and Smart Keyboard - A decent machine, but the new ones are much nicer.
- Dock: CalDigit TS3 Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock - It's reliable and has every connection you need without taking multiple ports on your laptop.
- Desk: Automous SmartDesk 2 - Home Edition - Motorized sitting/standing desk with multiple memory settings.
- Keyboard (work): Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Pad - This keyboard has a great feel to it.
- Keyboard (home): - This keyboard also has a great feel to it.
- Mouse: Logitech MX Master S2 - This mouse has everything: multiple programmable buttons, multiple scroll wheels, and a great feel.
- Apple Magic Trackpad 2 - Great little device!
- Monitors: Just random ones - Nothing exciting here...