Welcome to the official site for BarleyCo.com
What Stack is this Site Build On
I decided to write a short post listing the tech used to create, build, and host this site. At the time of posting, the follow frameworks and tools are being used.
GatsbyJS: This is a great static site generator. Plugins used are:
- gatsby-image with gatsby-plugin-sharp and gatsby-transformer-sharp: The best way to use images in Gatsby.
gatsby-plugin-typography: This plugin makes style themes very easy.
Current Theme: Noriega
- gatsby-source-filesystem: Allows you to load files into Gatsby's GraphQL.
- gatsby-transformer-json: Parses JSON files for use with Gatsby's GraphQL.
- gatsby-transformer-remark: Parses markdown files for use with Gatsby's GraphQL.
- Font Awesome: A great library that makes icons super easy to use.
- Netlify: An amazing hosting service. Netlify monitors for changes in the GitHub repository and will rebuild and rehost the site automatically...for FREE!
- GitHub: If there are other source control websites, it doesn't matter. GitHub is the best.
Back To Blogging
Well...I'm back at it. It has been years since I've done any blog posts. In fact: the old blog is long gone and I have no copies of those old posts.
So why start blogging again? Really it just comes down to taking public notes, for myself, that I can go back and reference. I'm constantly Googling and re-Googling the same 'How to' articles and I've found over the years that I retain far more information on a topic if I write it down. I may also post articles about things that I'm working on with the blog (updates to gatsby and its tooling, etc).